Off-Campus Opportunity Fund (OCOF)
Winter Break (SPCL)
|Restrictions:||CU applicants only|
Erica Bower, Nepal
The Off-Campus Opportunities Fund (OCOF) is a common application for students seeking financial support for off-campus experiences. The fund consolidates the application and awarding process of five previously distinct grants offered through the following central units:
· Cornell Abroad: Global Encounters Scholarship
· Cornell Center for Intercultural Dialogue: Student Development Diversity Initiative Grant
· Engaged Learning and Research: Community Engaged Student Travel Grant Program
· Mario Einaudi Center for International Studies in conjunction with the Office of the Vice Provost of International Affairs (VPIA): Undergraduate Student Travel Grants
· Office of Academic Diversity Initiatives (OADI): Student Individual Funding Sponsorship
Students are asked to submit an online application, in which they identify the grants they are eligible to apply for, by a consolidated spring/summer deadline: March 1st. This deadline is meant for students seeking both summer and some spring break opportunities. The initiative increases access to information and simplifies the application process for students, while allocating funding in a more efficient, inclusive and equitable way.
Cornell Commitment is coordinating closely the units listed above and encourages students participating in Commitment programs (Tradition, Meinig, Rawlings) to talk with their Program Director for guidance on using their support account as well as considering the OCOF opportunities. Please see the Commitment website for deadlines and information.
Please note: EL+R will not be awarding funds for spring break opportunities.
|Dates / Deadlines:|