Programs > Brochure
A&S African Experience Travel Award
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||CU applicants only|
The College of Arts and Sciences supports student learning and engagement opportunities that provide a greater understanding of the world's peoples, cultures, economies and environments, and prepares graduates to work across borders to tackle the complex challenges of international citizenship in the 21st century.
To help promote student participation in many of the international educational experiences provided by Cornell, and increase accessibility to programs not currently covered by Cornell financial aid, the College of Arts and Sciences has established the African Experience Travel Award. Undergraduate students in the College of Arts & Sciences may apply for up to $2,500 to cover travel expenses for Cornell-sponsored programs in Africa that offer either academic credit or a structured internship experience. Eligible programs include, but are not limited to:
- Cornell Abroad semester-long programs in Africa
- Cornell Continuing Education and Summer session courses taught in Africa
- Internationalizing the Cornell Curriculum (ICC) courses with an African travel component
- Cornell Global Health Field Experience opportunities in Africa (Tanzania, Zambia, Weill-Bugando)
- Institute for African Development Summer Internships
- Must be an undergraduate student in the College of Arts & Sciences, in good academic standing.
- Must be enrolled in a Cornell class or accepted into a Cornell program that includes travel to Africa as a component (provide documentation).
- Must submit documentation of estimated travel expenses for program.
- Must disclose all other proposed sources of funding (amount of combined funding may not exceed cost of program).
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Approx. Start||Approx. End|
|Spring||2018||09/29/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Winter||2018||10/31/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Programs may fill long before their final deadline. * Recommendation--For SPRING: APPLY in MAY to study abroad the following spring. For FALL/YEAR: APPLY in DECEMBER. Late applications may be accepted, but colleges typically need time to process your approval.