|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||CU applicants only|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Core Program Attributes:||Cornell In-country Support, Direct Enrollment|
|Minimum GPA:||3.3||Housing Options:||Dormitory/Residence Hall|
|Approved by:||A&S, AAP, CALS, ENG, HUM EC, ILR, SHA||Minimum Student Status:||Junior, Senior|
|Program Advisor:||Alayne Prine|
The following departments at UCL have higher GPA requirements and other academic criteria for admission. Please note this as you proceed with your application:
- English requires at least a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and two to four college level literature courses completed. English Language and Literature modules are only available to students admitted into this subject area (this does not include writing courses). The department also restricts students either to taking their entire course load within the department or only taking two modules.
- Economics requires at least a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and successful applicants will have previously completed (and received an 'A' in) microeconomics, macroeconomics, and a statistics course. Level 2 and 3 Economics modules are only available to students admitted directly to this subject area.
- Students admitted to Fine Art must take their entire credit load within this area. Only art majors or minors are admitted.
- History of Art only admits history of art majors.
- Architecture modules are only available to students admitted directly to this subject area. Only architecture majors are admitted.
- Political Studies requires a cumulative GPA of 3.5 with a strong background in political studies courses.
- History requires a cumulative GPA of 3.5 with a strong background in history courses.
- Chemistry requires a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and a strong background in chemistry courses.
- Management will accept full-year and spring semester students only. A cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 is required.
- Mathematics will accept full year and spring semester students only.
A Tribute to London by Alex Silver '11
The City of London
University College London
The Students' Union forms the focus of student social and cultural life at UCL as well as of political and sporting activities. Facilities are cramped but popular and include bars and coffee bars, games rooms, sports and stationery shops, printing facilities, meeting rooms, television, minibuses and a range of catering services. There are over 100 cultural, sports and arts societies. There are many student societies to join ranging through special interest groups, cultural and religious groups, general interest groups such as the Debating Society, departmental societies and sports clubs. The Students' Union also runs cultural and social events throughout the year. There is a flourishing drama group at UCL and student productions of plays and operas are regularly put on at the College's own semi-professional theatre, the UCL Bloomsbury Theatre. Visiting professional companies also visit the theatre to perform.
Program website: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/
University teaching in the
Study abroad students are required to take a full course load during their enrollment at UCL, normally four courses at 4 credits each per semester.
Students admitted for the full academic year and for the Spring terms from January until June will be required to take the end of year examination in the Summer term. As students admitted for the Fall term only cannot take the examination in the Summer term, the Departments will arrange for these students to either take a special examination or produce extended essays for each course by the end of their studies in December. There is little use made of multiple choice questions as a means of assessment. Following Cornell's policy, grades will be posted on the Cornell transcript in the original formula (1-100). They will not be converted nor factored into the Cornell GPA. Pass/Fail is not acceptable. UCL will provide a translation or proposed conversion of their scale to the standard US 4-point scale for your reference.
Fall Semester: late September - mid-December
Spring Semester: early January - early June
UCL owns a number of student houses and halls of residence that together with Intercollegiate Halls (owned by the
Immunization for group C meningococcus and for mumps is recommended by UK health authorities.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Approx. Start||Approx. End|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Programs may fill long before their final deadline. * Recommendation--For SPRING: APPLY in MAY to study abroad the following spring. For FALL/YEAR: APPLY in DECEMBER. Late applications may be accepted, but colleges typically need time to process your approval.