Study Abroad in London
Study London Program
London, characterized by centuries-old traditions, is the ideal place to study abroad. This urban behemoth is rich with thousands of years of history, culture,
and commerce, and today's London is an endless entwining of past and
present. Hailing from all corners of the globe, over eight million
people call this metropolis home. London's international character is evident in every neighborhood, where people of different cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds live and work together. This diversity is remaking London, bringing a new energy to its business, arts, and sense of heritage. With an unbeatable arts and theatre
scene, the largest city GDP in Europe, and some of the best ethnic food
anywhere, London both reaps the benefits of its diverse populace and
wields powerful influence over the 21st century world.
The IES Abroad Study London Program
Founded in 1972, the Study
London program features concentrations in British Literature &
Theater, International Business, Political Science, and International
Relations, as well as area studies in fields such as Communications
& Media Studies, History, Law, Sociology, and Women's Studies. IES
Abroad London students have the opportunity to design a personalized
program of study from a vast array of exciting options.
- Extensive IES Abroad courses across a wide variety of disciplines taught by outstanding British and international faculty.
- Internships offered in areas such as Arts & Museum, Business, Education, Media, Parliament, Politics, and Theater.
- Innovative creative workshops which focus on the production of a piece of creative work (writing, film, or fine art), are offered in Fine Arts, Film/Video, Creative Writing, and Playwriting.
- Enrollment in a single course at a prestigious London university in a range of disciplines.
Additional Exciting Program Aspects
- Opportunity to live in the up-scale Chelsea neighborhood with international students or in homestays.
- Optional IES Abroad field trips to locations of historical and cultural relevance such as Ireland and Wales.
- Integrated field study trips in nearly all courses that focus on the many opportunities for learning London presents.
Visit www.IESabroad.org for complete program details including pricing, program dates, and complete course syllabi.
About IES Abroad
One of the nation's oldest, largest, and most reputable study abroad providers, IES Abroad is a growing Chicago-based, not-for-profit organization that enrolls more than 5,000 students annually.
With more than 90 programs in 34 cities, IES Abroad is dedicated to broadening our global reach and continuing our commitment to offering students outstanding academic options coupled with every-day opportunities for cultural immersion.