Programs > Brochure
Adelaide, University of
Adelaide, Australia (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||CU applicants only|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Core Program Attributes:||Direct Enrollment|
|Minimum GPA:||3||Housing Options:||Dormitory/Residence Hall|
|Approved by:||A&S, AAP, CALS, ENG, HUM EC, ILR, SHA||Minimum Student Status:||Junior, Senior, Sophomore|
|Program Advisor:||Alayne Prine||Curricular Highlights:||Economics & Business, Natural Science, Politics/Policy/Law|
PrestigeThe University of Adelaide is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide.
We're a member of Australia's Group of Eight, made up of the country's best universities, and feature a beautiful campus with traditional sandstone buildings mixed with cutting-edge learning and research facilities.
A degree from the University of Adelaide is recognised internationally.
We have produced numerous Nobel Laureates whose research has made an enormous impact on the world, as well as more than 100 Rhodes Scholars and more than 130 Fulbright Scholars.
- International Orientation Week and Orientation Week (known as O'Week) are the perfect introduction to campus life: held prior to the official beginning of the university year, you get to meet lots of new people and do lots of fun things!
- Joining the Adelaide University Union, or AUU, will help maximize your time away from the classroom - they offer a huge range of services and associations.
- No matter what your sport or other interests are, chances are we have a club or group to match! Check out our Sports and Clubs Associations!
- Our large international student contingent means you can mix with students from your home country and others, and easily make new friends.
- There are many places to study quietly but there are also plenty of opportunities to socialize with your peers and get the most out of your university experience.
Study Abroad & Exchange students can study for one or two semesters, commencing in Semester 1 (February – July) or Semester 2 (July – November).
Whether students study for one semester or two semesters with us, it is a Student Visa requirement (as well as a Cornell requirement) that they study full-time. A standard full-time workload per semester is considered to be:
- 4 courses (12 units - 100% of a full-time semester load) Undergraduate courses are for students currently studying a Bachelor's degree in their home country.
- Art History
- Asian Studies
- Creative Writing
- Development Studies
- European Studies
- Language Study
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Politics and International Studies
ENGINEERING, COMPUTER AND MATH SCIENCES
- Applied Mathematics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Pure Mathematics
- Anatomical Sciences
- Health Sciences
- Public Health
- Commercial Law
- Corporate Finance
- Design Studies
- Electronic Commerce
- International Business
- Agriculture & Natural Resource
- Animal Science
- Environmental Biology
- Food Science
- Plant Science
- Soil & Water
- Vet Sciences
Our dedicated Accommodation Services Team will help identify the best option to suit your needs. All you have to do is decide how much independence you would like to have during your time in Adelaide and whether you would like to live with a couple of other people or a whole floor full of other students.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Approx. Start||Approx. End|
|Fall||2018||03/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Programs may fill long before their final deadline. * Recommendation--For SPRING: APPLY in MAY to study abroad the following spring. For FALL/YEAR: APPLY in DECEMBER. Late applications may be accepted, but colleges typically need time to process your approval.