|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||UPCES-Study Abroad in Prague (CERGE-EI)|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||CU applicants only|
|Language of Instruction::||English||Core Program Attributes::||Center-based Program, Direct Enrollment|
|Minimum GPA::||3||Housing Options::||Apartment, Student Responsibility|
|Approved by::||A&S, AAP, CALS, ENG, HUM EC, ILR, SHA||Open to::||Junior, Senior|
|Program Advisor:||Dr. Kristen Grace|
1. Students take courses under a prestigious faculty and alongside Czech and other European students
2. Four weekend trips and dozens of local trips designed to immerse students in Central European culture
3. Students can apply for a variety of impressive internships through the UPCES Internship Program
4. Courses are set in a beautiful palace in the historic center of Prague
5. Students live together in centrally-located flats of their choosing
- Location: Prague, Czech Republic
- Building: Schebek Palace
- Affiliation: Charles University
- Director: Nicki Norris
- Language of Instruction: All courses taught in English
- Enrollment: 60-75 Students (Fall), 40-60 Students (Spring)
- Eligibility: 3.0 GPA and four completed semesters
- Cost: See the Costs & What's Included page
- Housing: Independent Student Apartments
- Application: Online and Hard-copy
- Trips: Dresden, Litomerice, Cesky Krumlov, Krakow
- Internships: Teaching, Marketing, Journalism, NGO, Law
UPCES offers students the opportunity for intellectual and cultural engagement in Prague, one of Europe's most beautiful cities. UPCES is located in a historic palace in the center of Prague.
Prominent scholars from Charles University teach UPCES courses in English. Course subjects include economics, international relations, sociology, history, political science, film, literature, philosophy, and Czech language. Students from a wide variety of majors and interests will greatly benefit from the UPCES academic experience.
UPCES classrooms offer a unique opportunity to interact with students from around the globe. A typical UPCES course (approximately 5-15 participants) has students of several nationalities and provides a truly multicultural environment for learning.
UPCES students live in flats of their choosing. Flats are located throughout the center section of Prague. Students do not just interact with Czechs, but truly live amongst them.
With UPCES, students explore the cultures of Central Europe. Each semester, UPCES organizes trips to Dresden, Cesky Krumlov, Litomerice, and a 3-night trip to Krakow, Poland. UPCES also organizes a series of cultural trips within the immediate area of Prague. Czech and other European students are invited on these trips as well.
UPCES students can apply for a variety of internships related to their major or personal interests through the UPCES Internship Program. Internship opportunities include a prominent legal institute, an events-management company, a teaching school, a city newspaper, and a media NGO.
offers unlimited outlets for learning and personal growth, in and out
of the classroom. Learn more about UPCES on our website and on Facebook.
We hope you will join us for an incredible semester in Prague!
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Approx. Start||Approx. End|
|Fall||2015||03/02/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Academic Year||2015||03/02/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Spring||2016||10/01/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Programs may fill long before their final deadline. * Recommendation--For SPRING: APPLY in MAY to study abroad the following spring. For FALL/YEAR: APPLY in DECEMBER. Later applications are always welcome, but colleges may need time to process your approval.
Indicates that deadline has passed. See CUAbroad.