CIEE: Legon, Ghana - Arts and Sciences Program
Legon, Ghana (Outgoing Program)
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
Program Dates &
|Click here to view|
|Restrictions:||CU applicants only|
|Language of Instruction:||English||Core Program Attributes:||Direct Enrollment|
|Minimum GPA:||3.0||Housing Options:||Dormitory/Residence Hall, Homestay|
|Approved by:||A&S, AAP, CALS, ENG, HUM EC, ILR, SHA||Open to:||junior|
|Program Advisor:||Dr. Kristen Grace|
CIEE Arts and Sciences Program in Legon, Ghana
Whether you want to explore the political and economic challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa and developing nations, or study West African cultural practices in various musical and dance forms, the Arts and Sciences program in Legon, Ghana is designed to indulge your varied interests.
This program also offers wonderful opportunities, in the classroom and in the community, for students interested in critical issues of public health, development, and African history and culture. Through these mechanisms you will become participants in, and a contributor to, Ghanaian intellectual, cultural, economic, and social life.
Study abroad in Legon and you will:
- Get to know life in West Africa by living with a Ghanaian family, volunteering with a local organization, doing an internship, or simply observing day to day life
- Directly enroll in a wide range of courses, including West African performing arts, Twi language, African studies, social work, politics, economics, and religion
- Experience firsthand the issues challenging Ghana today by enrolling in the CIEE Development Studies Track
- Receive extensive and ongoing support from CIEE Staff and CIEE-trained University of Ghana “U-Pal” students, as well as CIEE led travel excursions to different parts of the country
- Enjoy CIEE-led travel excursions to different parts of the country
Please check the CIEE website for final program dates, and speak with your CIEE Study Abroad Advisor prior to booking airfare.
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Approx. Start||Approx. End|
|Spring||2016||10/01/2015 **||Rolling Admission||01/29/2016||05/31/2016|
** Programs may fill long before their final deadline. * Recommendation--For SPRING: APPLY in MAY to study abroad the following spring. For FALL/YEAR: APPLY in DECEMBER. Later applications are always welcome, but colleges may need time to process your approval.