APPLICATION & PROGRAM GUIDELINES
Detailed Application Walkthrough for Sydney Abroad_Cornell Abroad_UG Study Abroad.pdf
2018 Study Abroad and Exchange Guide.pdf
This is the University of Sydney
PRESTIGE & ACADEMIC RIGOR
Every year hundreds of students from around the world are welcomed to the University of Sydney through our Sydney Abroad program. Some come for our academic reputation and our wide range of courses, while others wish to experience our vibrant student life bolstered by our guaranteed housing and unique Internship Program. Whatever the reason, join us and find out why we’re Australia’s favorite option.
We sit in the top 0.3 percent of universities worldwide, ensuring that Australian innovation and research is recognized on the international stage. Ranked 45th in the world in the 2015/16 QS World University Rankings and consistently within the top three in Australia, the University of Sydney is one of the country’s leading research-intensive universities and oldest member of the prestigious Group of Eight.
Sydney ranks second on a list of the 50 best cities in the world in which to live, work and study*, above New York and Paris. *PwC ‘Cities of Opportunity’ report, 2014.
Excellence in teaching and research
We offer the widest range of academic programs of any university in Australia, with eight disciplines ranked among the top 20 in the QS 2014/15 World University Rankings.
Our teachers, researchers and leading thinkers are paving the way for solutions to complex global issues impacting upon our health, environment, technology and culture.
Across 16 faculties, we have research teams working on creating cleaner fuels, faster internet, treatment for chronic illness, and more sustainable ways of living.
Explore our schools and disciplines and discover why we’re consistently named among the top three universities in Australia by QS World University Rankings.
Faculties and Schools
- Agriculture and Environment
- Architecture, Design and Planning
- Arts and Social Sciences
- Business (The University of Sydney Business School)
- Education and Social Work
- Engineering and Information Technologies
- Health Sciences
- Law (The University of Sydney Law School)
- Medicine (The University of Sydney Medical School)
- Nursing and Midwifery (Sydney Nursing School)
- Sydney College of the Arts
- Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Veterinary Science
Breadth of Subjects
Browse subjects and available units of study HERE
ONLY @ USYD
There are many points of differentiation that make the University of Sydney the best option for Study Abroad and Exchange students in Australia and specifically in Sydney.
- Spoilt for Choice - over 3000 units of study available across 16 Faculties
- MATES Abroad & Social Calendar - opt-in mentor program for students to meet Australian students, ease their transition into Sydney life, foster an international culture, and share exciting adventures in Australia together
- Internship Placement - credit-bearing industry or research placement run internally by the Sydney Abroad team to facilitate best-fit matching between student and host
- Guaranteed Accommodation - modern, clean and well-equipped accommodation at Urbanest with a mixed international/domestic student population all within a 5 minute walk to campus
- Campus Culture – ranked first in the Best Student Experience in Australia boasting more than 200 student clubs and societies, 43 sports clubs, 12 cafes and 8 bars on campus, 4 live performance spaces and 2 fitness centres
Study Abroad Programs
Faculties and Schools
Overseas Student Health Cover
Sydney Student portal
Please see the University of Sydney's website for study abroad students
for more information on this program.
Since the University of Sydney is unable to guarantee housing, there is a special option for Cornell students via Study Australia: http://www.study-australia.com/?id=267